who is this guy?
and why have I not heard of him?
Henry Louis Mencken,
(Baltimore Sun newspaper),
Born September 12, 1880.
- Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage. – H. L. Mencken
- Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.- H. L. Mencken
- For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. – H. L. Mencken
- A man may be a fool and not know it, but not if he is married. – H. L. Mencken
…and my personal favorite:
- If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl. – H. L. Mencken